I’ve been so dissociated recently but today I feel like I might be coming out of the fog. Here are things I’m doing to try and get a bit of relief from the dissociation:
- Take a warm, long shower. What does the water feel like when it hits certain parts of your body? How are your muscles feeling? What do you want to be cleansed of?
- Rub argan oil on your face & body. You’ll feel all soft and warm.
- Make your favourite tea. Sip it throughout the day and warm it up when it’s cold.
- Cuddle with an animal. Match your energy to their energy.
- Do your tarot cards or get someone to do them for you. Sometimes looking at the themes in your present life can help you sort things out. You could even discover what the source of your anxiety/depression/dissociation is.
- Sleep as long as you need to. Don’t guilt yourself about staying in bed too long. Listen to your body.
- Talk to people you love. They are safe and are not out to hurt you – trust in your love. Remind yourself why they love you and why you love them.
- Masturbate. Connecting to your body sexually can be a way to ground yourself in your physical reality. If you’re dissociated, it can be a gentle way to pull your consciousness back into your body. You have total control and you are able to give yourself everything you need.
take care of yourself, xo